Founded in 1984, IDLNY is the coalition for New York State interior designers. Our mission is to inform and educate the New York legislative and regulatory bodies, interior designers and consumers about the issues facing the interior design profession. IDLNY also continually monitors legislation that could affect the practice of interior design and serves as a representative coalition for this process.
- IDLNY is dedicated to advance, promote and protect the right to practice interior design in the State of New York.
Our primary goals are to:
- Act as the spokes-group for interior designers in the governmental arenas in New York State
- Increase the number of Certified Interior Designers in New York State
- Strengthen IDLNY's governmental relations program, by increasing our members' personal contact with public officials and by resourcing additional professional services when appropriate
NYSED.com Office of the Professions
- Certified Interior Designer defined: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/id/
- Laws, Rules & Regulations for the Interior Design Profession: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/id/interiorlaw.htm
- Certified Interior Designer license requirements: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/id/interiorlic.htm
- License Application Forms: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/id/interiorforms.htm